The YES.Academy program mixes the Ishka Kankueb Yoga methodology, Cali’s Salsa dancing, and the best Spanish learning process.
The method is focused on living a cultural and insightful experience. That allows you to acquire and practice more communicative skills in the Spanish language by interacting with local people while refining your syntax during the grammar group classes.
Achieving it is possible because you will immerse yourself in Cali’s culture. You will learn our rhythms, our food, our kindness, our passion.
The Salsa dancing lessons will give you the excuse to interact with the locals during the nights out, but trust us when we say you will enjoy the whole experience!
The YES.Academy program has a duration of 15 days, in which you will attend 20 hours of group lessons, 20 hours of conversational sessions, 8 classes (1.5 hours each) of Salsa and Bachata dancing, and daily Yoga sessions including theoretical classes about Mayan Cosmovision.
The program includes one guided excursion to downtown, local market and different historical and cultural places of interest.
In addition, you will have 2 nights out to the world-famous Latin night clubs, to practice both Spanish and dancing skills.
What you will do
You will develop your Spanish skills to speak and express yourself with the locals during the organized excursions to local markets accompanied by your Spanish teacher. Here, you will practice the Spanish by buying the tropical and exotic fruits and vegetables that are typical in the region.
You will accompany this amazing experience through the development of inner tools through the Ishka Kankueb Yoga lessons that focus on the balance of your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects through a comfortable and inclusive approach to asanas, meditation, and breathing techniques, insightful movement, and energy management techniques.
Furthermore, Cali is globally known as the Capital of Salsa. You will learn salsa in the classes, and practice your Spanish learned skills in the emblematic clubs of Cali.
Cali has seven rivers that cross the region and you will get to visit Cali’s Farallones National Park around the Pance River where you can bird-watch and explore the woods and waterfalls.
The program includes city tours to Cali’s downtown to practice Spanish, while you shop and exchange with locals. At night, you will have the opportunity to dance Salsa and chat with local dancers in the world-famous Latin clubs.
At the end of the program, if you wish to continue with your leanings, you are welcome to stay longer, and we will put you in contact with professional specialized guides where you can continue your experience of cultural immersion.
- Excursions to local markets to practice the acquired Spanish skill and taste the variety of tropical fruits and vegetables.
- City tour excursion to Cali’s downtown and cultural places of interest, to learn about Cali’s lifestyle and history.
- Excursion to traditional night clubs to practice the Salsa learnings and interact with the locals.
- 20 hours of Spanish group classes.
- 20 hours of Spanish discussion group sessions.
- 15 Ishka Kankueb Yoga session.
- Eight sessions of Salsa lessons.
- 14 nights accommodation.
- City tour in Cali (6-8 hours).
- Cover charge to world-famous Salsa nightclub (2 nights).
- Transportation during the excursions and nights out.
- Full Ovo-Lacto-vegetarian meal plan, except during the excursions, free day or checkout day.
What’s not included
- Flights fares
- Travel Visa fees or similar
- Transport from and to the airport
- Personal hygiene products
- Laundry or Washing machine service (Available at extra cost)
- Any food or snacks during the excursions, free day, and checkout day.
- Any other charge, fee or service, not explicitly described as included